Wednesday, August 15, 2007



81- GoodFellas - Director:Martin Scorsese - Cast:Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci,Lorraine Bracco and Paul Sorvino.



"You don't really need to go to film school to learn how to watch a film. You can learn everything you need to know with your eyes. The only way you really learn is to make a film. You have to have an obsessive nature, I think. You have to want to make the film more than anything else in life, I'm sorry to say...I received two short film scholarships; that was very important. Then my parents said, ‘Maybe he's not that crazy since there are people who really like the picture."
-Martin Scorsese-
------
"The influence of the European cinema at that time in the late 50s and early 60s, the French cinema of Truffaut, Godard, Rivette and everyone, and Italian cinema, which means not really the narrative cinema of Hollywood...They made us understand that we didn't have to tell a straight story... "
-Martin Scorsese-
-------
"I became conscious of camera movement when I began to realize how certain scenes are made and why I was affected certain ways. But I really think it was through American musicals and the use of camera movement by Fellini, and the freedom of the camera in the French New Wave. I think it has more to do with choreography."
-Martin Scorsese-
-------
"We came from the same New York neighborhood but hung out on different streets,---We can finish each other's sentences and understand things that are not said.--It's like a professional marriage, and the offspring are the movies."
-Martin Scorsese-on Robert De Niro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home