Monday, July 16, 2007


74-A Night at the Opera - Director:Sam Wood -Cast: Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx, Kitty Carlisle, Allan Jones and Margaret Dumont.
"It is a dangerous thing to rate any Marx Brothers picture as their 'best', yet even at the risk of having to eat my own words, I would say that none of their previous films is as consistently and exhaustingly funny or as rich in comic invention and satire as A Night at the Opera."
-From the New York Post-
-----
"Some years back, after a childhood of preocupation with comedy that led me to observing the styles of all the great comedians, I came to the conclusion that Groucho Marx was the best comedian this country ever produced. Now I am more convinced than ever that I was right. I can't think of a comedian who combined a totally original physical conception that was hilarious with a matchless verbal delivery. I believe there is a natural inborn greatness in Groucho that defies close analysis as it does with any genuine artist. He is simply unique in the same way that Picasso or Stravinsky are and I believe his outrageous unsentimental disregard for order will be equally as funny a thousand years from now. In addition to all this, he makes me laugh."
-Woody Allen-
------
"Ha Ha HaHa...Groucho Marx is the greatest entertainer of them all."
-Laurence Olivier-
------
"I thought he was one of the brightest man overall...that I 've ever met.Groucho was special.Terribly special.He wasn't just another funnyman."
-Jack Lemmon-
-----
"It's the most surpring, fresh comedy ever.Because it was based in who they were."
-Kevin Spacey-
------
"It was an event when you could get all three of them on the set at the same time. The minute you started a picture with the Marx brothers you hired three assistant directors. One for each Marx brother. You had two of 'em while you went to look for the third one and the first two would disappear.”
-Buster Keaton-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home