Monday, August 20, 2007


84-Paths of Glory - Director:Stanley Kubrick - Cast:Kirk Douglas, Ralph Meeker, Adolphe Menjou, and George Macready.
-----------
"When I was looking at soundstages in England to build our sets for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in 1979. Stanley was just finishing construction on the sets of "The Shining" and we were about to move onto those stages the second Stanley wrapped photography on his film. In touring the lot and looking at the stages, I was told that Stanley Kubrick was on one of the stages. I asked if it would be okay if I met him. He knew who I was from "Jaws" and "Close Encounters." He met me at the soundstage door and invited me to his home for dinner that night and we were friends ever since.
I was surprised at how gregarious and funny he was. I was surprised at his wit and how kind of shy he actually was. I didn't expect any of those things. I expected a kind of MIT intellectual, a man who gets into the molecular structure of cinema. He was also a gifted storyteller."
-Steven Spielberg-
-------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home