Thursday, August 23, 2007



86-The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie -Director:Luis Bunuel - Cast:Fernando Rey, Delphine Seyrig, Stephane Audran, Jean-Pierre Cassel,Paul Frankeur and Bulle Ogier.
"For me Surrealism was not an aesthetic, just another avant-garde movement;it was something to which I committed myself in a moral and spiritual way.You can't imagine the loyalty Surrealism demanded in all aspects of life."
-Luis Bunuel-
------
"Give me 2 hours a day of activity,and I'll take the other 22 in dreams"
-Luis Bunuel-
------
"I make a film for a regular audience and also for friends,for those who will understand such-and-such a reference that is more or less obscure to others.But I try to see that those latter elements don't interrupt the flow of the story I'm telling."
-Luis Bunuel-
-----
"Reality without imagination is only half of reality."
-Luis Bunuel-
-----
"I'm not completely irrational,but I do not make a film as an intellectual argument,or with a predetermined idea as to it's meaning."
-Luis Bunuel-
-----
"I've known bourgeois people who are both charming and discreet.Do you think that everything having to do with the bourgeoisie has to be bad?No. There are some valuable things about them that are worth conserving."
-Luis Bunuel-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home