Tuesday, May 02, 2006


31-Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Director: Stanley Kubrick - Cast:George C. Scott,Peter Sellers,Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens and Tracy Reed.



"I don't think that writers or painters or film makers function because they have something they particularly want to say. They have something that they feel. And they like the art form: they like words, or the smell of paint, or celluloid and photographic images and working with actors. I dont think that any genuine artist has ever been orientated by some didactic point of view, even if he thought he was. "
-Stanley Kubrick-
-------

"I have no fixed ideas about wanting to make films in particular categories -- Westerns, war films and so on. I know I would like to make a film that gave a feeling of the times -- a contemporary story that finally gave a feeling of the times, psychologically, sexually, politically, personally. I would like to make that more than anything else. And it's probably going to be the hardest film to make."
-Stanley Kubrick-
-------

"Oh,I love that. That's one of my favorite pictures,Dr.Strangelove.I was bewildered,but then I put some order in it,as I thought about it,and as I saw it again."
-Billy Wilder-
------

"I was standing in line in San Jose, the first weekend of the film's release, and my sister pulled up with my father and ran out with the Selective Service envelope, which converted me to 1-A for the first time, eligible for draft. I was so consumed with possibility of going to Vietnam that I had to see it a second time to really appreciate it, and that's when I realized what a piece of classic, bizarre theater it was.
It is one of my favorite movies of all time, without a doubt"
-Steven Spielberg-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home