Monday, March 27, 2006


22-Tokyo Story . Director:Yasujiro Ozu . Cast: Chishu Ryu, Chieko Higashiyama, Setsuko Hara, Haruko Sugimura, and Sô Yamamura.
"When a film ends, it actually begins."
-Yasujiro Ozu-
------
"I found "Paris, Texas" was something like Ozu's film. What Wenders is doing is undoubtedly different from Ozu. However, in "Paris, Texas", it was Los Angeles I guess, the long shot of the airport viewed from a hill, we can see shadows of planes taking off and landing. That's really something! "
-Yuharu Atsuta-(Cinematographer in many of Ozu's films)
-----
"If I have to choose one, it will be Tokyo Story. Making the film, everybody, including Ozu of course, was full of willingness. To make good use of my experience, I gave body and soul to each shot."
-Yuharu Atsuta -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home