Sunday, April 09, 2006


26-The Rules of the Game - Director:Jean Renoir - Cast:Marcel Dalio,Nora Grégor,Roland Toutain,Jean Renoir,Mila Parély,Odette Talazac and Gaston Modot.
"Q-Gardian: Do you have one great, unrealised ambition?
Woody Allen: I'm 65 years old now and I've made over thirty films, I've been working for thirty years... I would like to, but I don't think it's going to happen, but I would like to make one great film. That would be a wonderful thing. I would like to, in the course of my lifetime and the course of my work, make a film that I could put on the same bill as Rashomon or Grand Illusion or Rules of the Game with impunity. I could just say, "They're showing, you know, Throne of Blood and my film," and feel completely at ease and not feel completely humiliated."
--------
"The Rules of the Game taught me the rules of the game"
-Robert Altman-
--------
"There is a moment when every true creator makes such a leap forward that his audience is left behind. For Renoir, 'The Rules of the Game" was the sign of maturity, a film so new that it looks confusingly as if it might be a failure; one of those failures that leaves you, the morning after, counting your friends on the fingers of one hand."
-Francois Truffaut-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home